Monday, July 23, 2007

Dreams

A poem I recently read on Myriad Illusions, one that truly describes the state of my mind right now. Hope you all enjoy it.


Shards of broken dreams are too painful at times,
But don't stop me from dreaming 'cos atleast they are mine.

I travel to my utopian world riding on them,
And I smile ,saying to myself that I have lived through them.

I do not know what destiny has designed,
But through them I have embraced everything that could not be mine.

They might be far from truth and farther from me,
And I know that prayers don't turn them into reality,
So the pain goes down till a point and sinks after a time,

And then I smile again 'cos I know that

Shards of broken dreams are quite painful at times,
But they won't stop me from dreaming 'cos atleast dreams are mine.